Re: [Linux-cluster] RAID1 in RHCS / RHEL5

I don't think this has anything to do with clustering, but what you are probably looking for is DRBD:
http://www.drbd.org/

Gordan

On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 23:47:03 -0600, Ivan Fetch <ifetch du edu> wrote:
Hello,

I am not finding a lot of docs or commentary about accomplishing
RAID1 of two shared storage (FC SAN) LUNs, in RHCS. I wlikd like to
RAID1 two mpath devices (using the device multipathing with RHEL5).
The mpath devices (mpath0, mpath1) do not match up on all nodes, but I don't believe this technically matters, since md uses UUIDs to detects
it's disk devices.

I could just configure an md device, but it seems like there should
be a notion of which node owns the md. WHat happens when the active
node is resyncing a mirror, and that node dies or gets fenced? WHat
happens if someone tries to operate on the md from the inactive node?

I would very much appreciate hearing from those who are accomplishing
this, how they did it, gotchas and lessons learned.

Thanks,

- Ivan

.