Re: [Linux-cluster] RAID1 in RHCS / RHEL5

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 09:14:08 -0600, Ivan Fetch <ifetch du edu> wrote:

I had thought about DRBd, but would rather not mirror over network
links, when I can mirror over the SAN.

Then I guess that is something you need to bring up with your SAN vendor.

I am also not sure how DRBD
would handle our running a Postgresql database on top of it, having
never used DRBD in production. Do you have any experience with
databases on DRBD?

Yes, I have been using DRBD for backing databases in fail-over scenarios for years. Provided that your fencing works properely and that you don't try to mount the device on both sides at the same time, it'll work fine.

Gordan