Re: [Linux-cluster] service startup order

On 07/27/2011 08:19 PM, Budai Laszlo wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I would like to know how the Red Hat cluster starts up services in RHEL 4.5.
> I'm curious about the ordering of services. Does the cluster starts the
> services in the order as they appears in the service section of the
> cluster.conf?
> Is it starting one service at a time, or it starts the services in parallel?
>
> rgmanager-1.9.*68-1*
>
> Thank you,
> Laszlo

I'm not familiar with the intricacies of RHCS/rgmanager on EL4, but I
suspect the rgmanager start order is the same.

Parallel services will be started simultaneously. Services configured as
service trees will start in the order that they are defined (and stopped
in reverse order).

This covers the start order well:
- https://fedorahosted.org/cluster/wiki/ResourceTrees

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer alteeve com