Re: [Linux-cluster] Fencing Issues: fence_node fails but fence_ipmilan works

Please give me the cluster.conf file

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 2:53 PM, Manish Kathuria <mkathuria tuxtechnologies co in> wrote:
I am facing a strange problem configuring a two node cluster using
RHCS 4.8. Both nodes are HP Proliant DL 180 G6 servers using HP LO
100i (IPMI Based).

When I run the fence_node command to check the fence device
configuration for either of the nodes, it fails giving the following
message in the logs:

fence_node[nnnn]: Fence of "node1" was unsuccessful
fence_node[nnnn]: Fence of "node2" was unsuccessful

However, when I run the fence_impilan command using the same
credentials, it executes successfully and is able to switch on, off
and reboot the nodes. The cluster configuration for the fence devices
is:

IPMI Lan Type
Name:           lo1
IP Address:     172.16.1.x
Login           admin
Password        passone
Auth Type       password

Name:           lo2
IP Address:     172.16.1.y
Login           admin
Password        passtwo
Auth Type       password

I have already tried different options for Auth Type (blank, password,
md5). Have also tried using / not using lanplus for both the fence
devices in the Manage Fencing dialog without success.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Manish Kathuria