[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: [Linux-cluster] Linux-cluster Digest, Vol 86, Issue 18



Thanks dominic, i have added the filter things in lvm.conf, still i am getting same error messages, here below i am mentioning the lines i have added in lvm.conf, still aything need to modify to avoid this kind of error in system messages.

 filter = [ "a|/dev/mapper|", "a|/dev/sda|", "r/.*/" ]


On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 9:30 PM, <linux-cluster-request redhat com> wrote:
Send Linux-cluster mailing list submissions to
       linux-cluster redhat com

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
       https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/linux-cluster
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
       linux-cluster-request redhat com

You can reach the person managing the list at
       linux-cluster-owner redhat com

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Linux-cluster digest..."


Today's Topics:

  1. Re: Cluster Failover Failed (dOminic)
  2. Re: umount failing... (dOminic)
  3. Re: Plugged out blade from bladecenter chassis -
     fence_bladecenter failed (dOminic)
  4. Re: Plugged out blade from bladecenter chassis -
     fence_bladecenter failed (Parvez Shaikh)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 22:03:52 +0530
From: dOminic <share2dom gmail com>
To: linux clustering <linux-cluster redhat com>
Subject: Re: [Linux-cluster] Cluster Failover Failed
Message-ID: <BANLkTikrF-Ge2TpQFGfng4-ob+osApbNZw mail gmail com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Hi Balaji,

Yes, the reported message is harmless ... However, you can try following

1) I would suggest you to set the filter setting in lvm.conf to properly
scan your mpath* devices and local disks.
2) Enable blacklist section in multipath.conf  eg:

blacklist {
      devnode "^(ram|raw|loop|fd|md|dm-|sr|scd|st)[0-9]*"
      devnode "^hd[a-z]"
}

# multipath -v2

Observe the box. Check whether that helps ...


Regards,


On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 12:16 AM, Balaji S <skjbalaji gmail com> wrote:

> Hi,
> In my setup implemented 10 tow node cluster's which running mysql as
> cluster service, ipmi card as fencing device.
>
> In my /var/log/messages i am keep getting the errors like below,
>
> Jun 14 12:50:48 hostname kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev sdm, sector 0
> Jun 14 12:50:48 hostname kernel: sd 3:0:2:2: Device not ready: <6>:
> Current: sense key: Not Ready
> Jun 14 12:50:48 hostname kernel:     Add. Sense: Logical unit not ready,
> manual intervention required
> Jun 14 12:50:48 hostname kernel:
> Jun 14 12:50:48 hostname kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev sdn, sector 0
> Jun 14 12:50:48 hostname kernel: sd 3:0:2:4: Device not ready: <6>:
> Current: sense key: Not Ready
> Jun 14 12:50:48 hostname kernel:     Add. Sense: Logical unit not ready,
> manual intervention required
> Jun 14 12:50:48 hostname kernel:
> Jun 14 12:50:48 hostname kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev sdp, sector 0
> Jun 14 12:51:10 hostname kernel: sd 3:0:0:1: Device not ready: <6>:
> Current: sense key: Not Ready
> Jun 14 12:51:10 hostname kernel:     Add. Sense: Logical unit not ready,
> manual intervention required
> Jun 14 12:51:10 hostname kernel:
> Jun 14 12:51:10 hostname kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev sdc, sector 0
> Jun 14 12:51:10 hostname kernel: printk: 3 messages suppressed.
> Jun 14 12:51:10 hostname kernel: Buffer I/O error on device sdc, logical
> block 0
> Jun 14 12:51:10 hostname kernel: sd 3:0:0:2: Device not ready: <6>:
> Current: sense key: Not Ready
> Jun 14 12:51:10 hostname kernel:     Add. Sense: Logical unit not ready,
> manual intervention required
> Jun 14 12:51:10 hostname kernel:
> Jun 14 12:51:10 hostname kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev sdd, sector 0
> Jun 14 12:51:10 hostname kernel: Buffer I/O error on device sdd, logical
> block 0
> Jun 14 12:51:10 hostname kernel: sd 3:0:0:4: Device not ready: <6>:
> Current: sense key: Not Ready
> Jun 14 12:51:10 hostname kernel:     Add. Sense: Logical unit not ready,
> manual intervention required
>
>
> when i am checking the multipath -ll , this all devices are in passive
> path.
>
> Environment :
>
> RHEL 5.4 & EMC SAN
>
> Please suggest how to overcome this issue. Support will be highly helpful.
> Thanks in Advance
>
>
> --
> Thanks,
> BSK
>
> --
> Linux-cluster mailing list
> Linux-cluster redhat com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/linux-cluster
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-cluster/attachments/20110619/57c6e69e/attachment.html>

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 22:12:35 +0530
From: dOminic <share2dom gmail com>
To: linux clustering <linux-cluster redhat com>
Subject: Re: [Linux-cluster] umount failing...
Message-ID: <BANLkTimXC6NZLO=GN2ew6=y=7z=VCujsOQ mail gmail com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

selinux is in Enforced mode ( worth checking audit.log ) ? .If yes, try
selinux to permissive or disabled mode and check .

Regards,

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 1:48 PM, Corey Kovacs <corey kovacs gmail com>wrote:

> My appologies for not getting back sooner. I am in the middle of a move.
>
> I cannot post my configs or logs (yeah, not helpful I know) but
> suffice it to say I strongly believe they are correct (I know,
> everyone says that). I've had other people look at them just make sure
> it wasn't a case of proofreading my own paper etc. and it always comes
> down to the umount failing. I have 6 other identical NFS services
> (save for the mount point/export location) and they all work
> flawlessly. That's why I am zeroing in on the use of '/home' as the
> culprit.
>
> Anyway, it's not a lot to go on I know, but I am just looking for
> directions to search for now.
>
> Thanks
>
> Corey
>
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Rajveer Singh
> <torajveersingh gmail com> wrote:
> >
> >
> > On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 8:22 PM, Corey Kovacs <corey kovacs gmail com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Folks,
> >>
> >> I have a 5 node cluster serving out several NFS exports, one of which is
> >> /home.
> >>
> >> All of the nfs services can be moved from node to node without problem
> >> except for the one providing /home.
> >>
> >> The logs on that node indicate the umount is failing and then the
> >> service is disabled (self-fence is not enabled).
> >>
> >> Even after the service is put into a failed state and then disabled
> >> manually, umount fails...
> >>
> >> I had noticed recently while playing with conga that creating a
> >> service for /home on a test cluster a warning was issued about
> >> reserved words and as I recall (i could be wrong) /home was among the
> >> illegal parameters for the mount point.
> >>
> >> I have turned everything off that I could think of which might be
> >> "holding" the mount and have run the various iterations of lsof, find
> >> etc. nothing shows up as having anything being actively used.
> >>
> >> This particular file system is 1TB.
> >>
> >> Is there something wrong with using /home as an export?
> >>
> >> Some specifics.
> >>
> >> RHEL5.6 (updated as of last week)
> >> HA-LVM protecting ext3 using the newer "preferred method" with clvmd
> >> Ext3 for exported file systems
> >> 5 nodes.
> >>
> >>
> >> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
> >>
> >> -C
> >>
> > Can you share your log file and cluster.conf file
> > --
> > Linux-cluster mailing list
> > Linux-cluster redhat com
> > https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/linux-cluster
> >
>
> --
> Linux-cluster mailing list
> Linux-cluster redhat com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/linux-cluster
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-cluster/attachments/20110619/42a94077/attachment.html>

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 22:14:56 +0530
From: dOminic <share2dom gmail com>
To: linux clustering <linux-cluster redhat com>
Subject: Re: [Linux-cluster] Plugged out blade from bladecenter
       chassis - fence_bladecenter failed
Message-ID: <BANLkTindmcada5yXOAZKYTp_DB9oXtQtQg mail gmail com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

There is a bug  related to missing_as_off  -
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=689851 - expects the fix in
rhel5u7 .

regards,

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 1:59 PM, Parvez Shaikh <parvez h shaikh gmail com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am using RHCS on IBM bladecenter with blade center fencing. I plugged out
> a blade from blade center chassis slot and was hoping that failover to
> occur. However when I did so, I get following message -
>
> fenced[10240]: agent "fence_bladecenter" reports: Failed: Unable to obtain
> correct plug status or plug is not available
> fenced[10240]: fence "blade1" failed
>
> Is this supported that if I plug out blade from its slot, then failover
> occur without manual intervention? If so, which fencing must I use?
>
> Thanks,
> Parvez
>
> --
> Linux-cluster mailing list
> Linux-cluster redhat com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/linux-cluster
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-cluster/attachments/20110619/e1f7ba7a/attachment.html>

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 10:46:41 +0530
From: Parvez Shaikh <parvez h shaikh gmail com>
To: linux clustering <linux-cluster redhat com>
Subject: Re: [Linux-cluster] Plugged out blade from bladecenter
       chassis - fence_bladecenter failed
Message-ID: <BANLkTikQbWhmVvXLFphx4q7tsxT1tFoLPQ mail gmail com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Hi Thanks Dominic,

Do fence_bladecenter "reboot" the blade as a part of fencing always? I have
seen it turning the blade off by default.

Through fence_bladecenter --missing-as-off...... -o off returns me a correct
result when run from command line but fencing fails through "fenced". I am
using RHEL 5.5 ES and fence_bladecenter version reports following -

fence_bladecenter -V
2.0.115 (built Tue Dec 22 10:05:55 EST 2009)
Copyright (C) Red Hat, Inc.  2004  All rights reserved.


Anyway thanks for bugzilla reference

Regards

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 10:14 PM, dOminic <share2dom gmail com> wrote:

> There is a bug  related to missing_as_off  -
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=689851 - expects the fix in
> rhel5u7 .
>
> regards,
>
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 1:59 PM, Parvez Shaikh <parvez h shaikh gmail com>wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am using RHCS on IBM bladecenter with blade center fencing. I plugged
>> out a blade from blade center chassis slot and was hoping that failover to
>> occur. However when I did so, I get following message -
>>
>> fenced[10240]: agent "fence_bladecenter" reports: Failed: Unable to obtain
>> correct plug status or plug is not available
>> fenced[10240]: fence "blade1" failed
>>
>> Is this supported that if I plug out blade from its slot, then failover
>> occur without manual intervention? If so, which fencing must I use?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Parvez
>>
>> --
>> Linux-cluster mailing list
>> Linux-cluster redhat com
>> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/linux-cluster
>>
>
>
> --
> Linux-cluster mailing list
> Linux-cluster redhat com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/linux-cluster
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-cluster/attachments/20110620/0386831e/attachment.html>

------------------------------

--
Linux-cluster mailing list
Linux-cluster redhat com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/linux-cluster

End of Linux-cluster Digest, Vol 86, Issue 18
*********************************************



--
Thanks,
Balaji S

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]