[Linux-cluster] virtual machine resource agent does not gracefully shutdown vms

Cristian Mammoli - Apra Sistemi c.mammoli at apra.it
Tue Jun 28 16:24:51 UTC 2011

Hi, I have 4 2-node clusters (EL clone, 5.6 release) which provide high
availability to KVM virtual machines.
Very often when I stop a vm service (with luci or clusvcadm) the virtual
machine does not shutdown gracefully but continues to operate normally
until the timeout kicks in and force the poweroff.

Most of the vms are windows 2008 with virtio drivers and have ACPI
enabled, indeed running virsh shutdown works!

Any clue about what's going on?

cluster.conf: http://pastebin.com/q6tt3gMA
examplevm.xml: http://pastebin.com/z1e94h25

--