Re: [Linux-cluster] virtual machine resource agent does not gracefully shutdown vms

On 06/28/2011 06:24 PM, Cristian Mammoli - Apra Sistemi wrote:

Hi, I have 4 2-node clusters (EL clone, 5.6 release) which provide high
availability to KVM virtual machines.
Very often when I stop a vm service (with luci or clusvcadm) the virtual
machine does not shutdown gracefully but continues to operate normally
until the timeout kicks in and force the poweroff.

I reproduced the issue nad it seems that vm.sh correctly issues "virsh shutdown domain" but the vm does not actually give a f*** :)

[root srvha01 ~]# /usr/share/cluster/vm.sh stop
Hypervisor: qemu
Management tool: virsh
Hypervisor URI: qemu:///system
Migration URI format: qemu+ssh://target_host/system
<debug>  Virtual machine srvdc01 is running
virsh shutdown srvdc01 ...
Domain srvdc01 is being shutdown

Nothing happens and the domain keeps running normally.

Second try:

[root srvha01 ~]# /usr/share/cluster/vm.sh stop
Hypervisor: qemu
Management tool: virsh
Hypervisor URI: qemu:///system
Migration URI format: qemu+ssh://target_host/system
<debug>  Virtual machine srvdc01 is running
virsh shutdown srvdc01 ...
Domain srvdc01 is being shutdown

The domain shuts down correctly

At this point I think this is a libvirt/kvm/windows issue...
Anyway any help is appreciated.

--
Cristian Mammoli
APRA SISTEMI srl