Re: [Linux-cluster] Service Recovery Failure

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 11:57 PM, Rahul Borate <Rahul Borate sailpoint com> wrote:
Two HA services running on node-1. If I unplug the cables for node 1 then those two services should transfers to Node-2. But node-2 did not take over the services.

But if I do proper shutdown/reboot on node-1 then those two services are transferring to  node-2 without problem.

If you shut down a node then it leaves the cluster cleanly.  If you pull the network on a node then the other node tries to fence it.  Nothing will happen with the services the missing node "owned" until that node is successfully fenced.

Node2: tail –f /var/log/message

Jun 29 18:20:49 vm-idm02 fenced[1706]: fencing node "vm-idm01"

Jun 29 18:20:49 vm-idm02 fenced[1706]: fence "vm-idm01" failed

This is where your issues is.  Because fencing failed the other node will not take over any of the failed services.