[Linux-cluster] iLo3 and RedHat 5.5 : Unable to connect/login to fencing device

Jason_Henderson at Mitel.com Jason_Henderson at Mitel.com
Thu Mar 3 20:18:29 UTC 2011

linux-cluster-bounces at redhat.com wrote on 03/03/2011 02:44:18 PM:

> When i added -P like down here:
> fence_ipmilan -P -a xxxxxxxxlo -l admin -p xxxxxxxxx -M 'cycle' -v
> Everything works, server reboots. But how do i get this "-P" option
> included in fence_ipmilan.
> How should my cluster.conf look like..that's the question...

Here is an example with passwords removed:

<cluster name="88423a6c34c04d" config_version="3">

  <totem token="10000"/>
  <cman port="6809" expected_votes="1" two_node="1" broadcast="no"/>
  <logging syslog_facility="local3"/>

  <fencedevices>
    <fencedevice name="manual" agent="fence_manual"/>
    <fencedevice name="ilo" agent="fence_ipmilan"/>
    <fencedevice name="ilom" agent="fence_npm_ilom"/>
  </fencedevices>

  <clusternodes>
    <clusternode name="node1" votes="1" nodeid="1">
      <fence>
        <method name="method1">
          <device name="ilo" passwd="12345678" lanplus="1" method="cycle"
login="user" ipaddr="10.39.170.233"/>
        </method>
      </fence>
    </clusternode>
    <clusternode name="node2" votes="1" nodeid="2">
      <fence>
        <method name="method2">
          <device name="ilo" passwd="12345678" lanplus="1" method="cycle"
login="user" ipaddr="10.39.170.234"/>
        </method>
      </fence>
    </clusternode>