[Linux-cluster] What is the proper procedure to reboot a node in a cluster?

Hi there,

I've setup a two-node cluster with cman, clvmd and gfs2. I don't use qdisk but had
<cman expected_votes="1" two_node="1"/>

I would like to know what is the proper procedure to reboot a node in the two-node cluster (maybe this applies for all size?) when both nodes are functioning fine but I just want to reboot one for some reason (for example, upgrade kernel). Is there a preferred/better way to reboot the machine rather than just running the "reboot" command as root. I have been doing the "reboot" command so far and it sometimes creates problems for us, including  making the other node to fail.

Thank you very much.
Shi
--
Shi Jin, Ph.D.