Re: [Linux-cluster] which is better gfs2 and ocfs2?

On 09/03/11 14:13, yue wrote:
which is better gfs2 and ocfs2?
i want to share fc-san, do you know which is better?

"that depends" - it is highly dependent on the type of disk activity you are performing.

There are various reviews of both FSes circulating.

Personal observation: GFS and GFS2 currently have utterly rotten performance for activities involving many small files, such as NFS exporting /home via NFS sync mounts. They also fails miserably if there are a lot of files in a single directory (more than 5-700, with things getting unusable beyond about 1500 files)

I have not used OCFS2 in production environments, so I cannot comment on its performance in these scenarios.