[Linux-cluster] Two node cluster - a potential problem of node fencing each other?

Hi all,

I have a question pertaining to two node cluster, I have RHEL 5.5 and cluster along with it which at least should have two nodes.

In a situation where both nodes of the cluster are up, and have reliable connection to fencing device (e.g. power switch OR any other power fencing device) and heartbeat link between two nodes goes down.

Each node finds another node is down (because heartbeat IP becomes unreachable) and tries to fence each other.

Is this situation possible? If so, can two nodes possibly fence (in short shutdown or reboot) each other? Is there anyway out of this situation?

Thanks
Parvez