Re: [Linux-cluster] Tripp Lite switched PDU fence agent; exists?

The pithy ruminations from Digimer <linux alteeve com> on "[Linux-cluster] Tripp Lite switched PDU fence agent; exists?" were:

=> Hi all,
=>
=>   Does anyone know if the tripp lite (mn: PDUMH15ATNET, specifically)
=> has an existing RHCS fence agent? Specifically for cluster 2 / EL5.5. If

Yes.

=> not, has anyone written one? Failing all that, I suppose I will write
=> one. :)
=>

Yes.

I wrote an agent for that piece of hardware and offered the agent to the RHCS community in Nov 2008...there was no response at the time.[1]

In March, 2009, I sent a copy of the agent script to Jan Friesse <jfriesse redhat com>, Marek Grac <mgrac redhat com>, who were identified as the maintainers of all the fence agents.

Since it apparently hasn't made it into the RHCS distribution, let me know if you want a copy.

Finally, I'd like to warn people away from using the TrippLite PDU model
PDUMH15ATNET as a fencing device. While it seems to have nice features, it has
a design choice that is a serious problem with fencing--when a command is
given to power down an outlet, there is a "random" delay (observed to be
about 17 to 35 seconds) before that command is executed. This has been
acknowledged by TrippLite support as a design choice, with no option or setting
to override this behavior.

Mark

	[1] http://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-cluster/2008-November/msg00215.html