[Linux-cluster] lvm locking problem

Terry td3201 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 13:40:05 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 5:28 AM, Rajagopal Swaminathan
<raju.rajsand at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 1:04 AM, Terry <td3201 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have a two node cluster on RHEL5 with 2.0.52 version of clustering
>> that appears to be operating normally however, I cannot run the
>> pvdisplay command:
>>
>> [root at server1 ~]# pvdisplay
>>
>> Not sure where to begin troubleshooting this.  Any ideas?
>>

> I just saw this post was untouched for two days.
>
> In HA support such delay is a cardinal crime. Even if it is committed
> by the community :)
>
> I am not an expert on clusters and I am not in front of a machine
> having CLVM installed. I will any way try giving you general steps.
>
> IIF you can bring down the cluster (I understand it may not be
> possible if it is in use ) to one node for time being and and start
> from there.
>
> That way the services will be on and you have only one node accessing
> a share resource.
>
> But be very vigilant and keep the other node ready to come up any time
> (like booting up the box and just plugging out all network cables).
>
> HTH. YMMV. You have been warned.
>
> Above, IMHO.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rajagopal

Thank you for your response.  Unfortunately, I cannot bring a node
down unless I have a full game plan.  If anyone can provide some
insight, that would be great.  I have a feeling that rebooting the
cluster would bring things back to normal but would like to understand
possible root causes and perhaps a way to fix it without rebooting.