[Linux-cluster] "fsck" on large file systems at boot time

Gino Lomazzo lomazzog at dteenergy.com
Tue Mar 22 12:23:24 UTC 2011

Good morning;
We have a critical Oracle application running on a two node Red Hat
clustered environment. (RHEL5u5)

Red Hat clustering has worked extremely well for us; we have achieved
better performance and improved reliability at a substantial  reduced cost.

The issue is that when the system reboots, it takes over an hour to perform
an “fsck” on a 1.8T  gfs file-system.  We cannot afford this down-time.

Is the “fsck” at boot time required on a gfs file-system?

Have a great day!