[Linux-cluster] "fsck" on large file systems at boot time

Good morning;

We have a critical Oracle application running on a two node Red Hat clustered environment. (RHEL5u5)

Red Hat clustering has worked extremely well for us; we have achieved better performance and improved reliability at a substantial reduced cost.

The issue is that when the system reboots, it takes over an hour to perform an “fsck” on a 1.8T gfs file-system. We cannot afford this down-time.

Is the “fsck” at boot time required on a gfs file-system?

Have a great day!