[Linux-cluster] rhel6 node start causes power on of the other one

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 21:26:15 UTC 2011

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 22:33:00 +0530, Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:
> On 3/24/11, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> > such as need for direct access to server console or cluster without any node running at
> > all without manual intervention ...
> >

> Pardon my ignorance. I fail to understand What do you mean by cluster
> when no node is running?

I was referring to possible effects when problems arise.
I meant that with an approach similar to the ServiceGuard's one, you
can have for example a condition where both nodes reboot (such as
mutual stonith) and if there is a problem with intra cluster
communication that persists during the immediate reboot, both nodes
would remain at the prompt asking for confirmation.
So if you don't explicitly go on the console of one of them your
"cluster services" remain down indefinitely.
Instead, in rhcs, if for example the problem is resolved say after 5
minutes, probably there would be 2 or 3 mutual stoniths and at the 4th
attempt (when problem solved) they would form the cluster again and
give service...

Gianluca