[Linux-cluster] rhel6 node start causes power on of the other one

Rajagopal Swaminathan raju.rajsand at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 14:34:35 UTC 2011

Greetings,

On 3/25/11, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com> wrote:

> ServiceGuard is an HA solution with similar targets as RHCS or other
> solutions, older or newer ones (aka Kimberlite, LifeKeeper, heartbeat
> 2.x, Pacemaker/Corosync, Pacemaker/Heartbeat and so on...)

Thanks for that Wonderful crisp, concise explanation of ServiceGuard .

It indeed enriched my knowledge.

I had sometime back worked with an HP premium partner. But HP supports
such critical products directly. rather than through partners.

I did have an opportunity, though, to just see Veritas Sotagfe and
cluster suite being installed on RHEL. IIRC, harware was something
like couple of HP DL580 G5 and SSCI external storage. I was just doing
the RHEL bits and that was not much really. Same place I got exposure
to VMware. I got a bit confused with veritas stuff and Service Guard.

I was a little bit confused. Apologies fro my muddle headed posting.

Am I a RH Fanboi? Quit simply Yes. and proud of it.

Apologies for the interruption. May the regular programming continue.

Regards,

Rajagopal