Re: [Linux-cluster] gfs2_quotad:2498 blocked

Nicolas Ross wrote:

It was a large, very large directory, with somewhere neer one million small files, so the rsync took something like 3 to 4 hours. At some point, all nodes' consoles dispalyed this :

gfs2_quotad:2498 blocked for more that 120 seconds.
"echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hang_task_timeout_secs" disables this message.

and then some debuging info dump.

What does this mean ?

It means you're writing data faster than GFS can handle it, so it's pausing on you. We see this semi-regularly here on our clusters.

I suspect Bob Petersen's test kernel or patches from ~2-3 weeks ago will help you as these contain a bunch of fixes for slow writes.

AB