[Linux-cluster] GFS2 cluster node is running very slow

Hi guys,

                We have a GFS2 cluster consisting of 3 nodes.  At this point, everything is going smooth.  Now, we add a new node with more CPUs with the

exact same configuration but all transactions on the mount run very slow.

Copying a file to the mount is done at about 25kb/s when on the three other nodes, everything goes smooth at about 7MB/s.

CPU on all nodes is idling at some point, all cluster process are kind of sleeping.

We’ve tried the ping_pong.c from apache and it seems to be able to write/read lock files at a decent rate.

There’s other mounts on the system using the same fc card/fibers/switches/san and all these are also working at a decent speed...

I’ve been reading a good part of the day, and I can’t seem to find a solution.

ubisoft_logo

David C. Hill

Linux System Administrator - Enterprise

514-490-2000#5655