Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS2 cluster node is running very slow

Hi,

On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 01:34 -0400, David Hill wrote:
> Hi guys,
>

> I’ve found this in /sys/kernel/debug/gfs2/fsname/glocks
>

> H: s:EX f:tW e:0 p:22591 [jsvc] gfs2_inplace_reserve_i+0x451/0x69a
> [gfs2]
>
> H: s:EX f:tW e:0 p:22591 [jsvc] gfs2_inplace_reserve_i+0x451/0x69a
> [gfs2]
>
> H: s:EX f:W e:0 p:806 [pdflush] gfs2_write_inode+0x57/0x152 [gfs2]

This doesn't mean anything without a bit more context. Were these all
queued against the same glock? If so which glock was it?

> The application running is confluence and has 184 thread.   The other
> nodes work fine but that specific node is having issues obtaining
> locks when it’s time to write?

That does sound a bit strange. Are you using a different network card on
the slow node? Have you checked to see if there is too much traffic on
that network link?

Also, how full was the filesystem and which version of GFS2 are you
using (i.e. RHELx, Fedora X or CentOS or....)?

Steve.