Re: [Linux-cluster] Attaching a service to a specific interface

carlopmart wrote:
Hi all,

I have two rhel6.0 cluster nodes with five nic interfaces in each one. Actually, I have one free interface without an IP in each one. Can I assign a cluster service to this interface (service consists in one IP and one script)??

Yes.... but....

You will need to configure an IP address on the interface that the service is going to bind to.

As long as there is an IP on the interface, assigning an IP to the service within the same network range (ip+netmask) will automatically bind to that interface (I assume there are no other interfaces already configured within the same network range, or all bets are off.)