Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS2 cluster node is running very slow

David Hill wrote:
These directories are all on the same mount ... with a total size of 1.2TB!

I _strongly_ suggest you setup one filesystem per directory.

All files accessed by the application are within it's own folder/subdirectory.
No files is ever accessed by more than one node.

That will help for directory locking but one node will still be faster than the rest in your current setup. I see similar problems to yours every time I have a FS mounted on multiple nodes and being written to, which is one reason we try to keep FSes mounted on one node only.

- We have a daily GFS lockout now...  We need to reboot the whole cluster to solve the issue.

Please elaborate on that. Others on the list will be able to help then. :)

AB