[Linux-cluster] Forcing off KVM Windows guests from rgmanager

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Tue Nov 1 16:06:43 UTC 2011

On 11/01/2011 11:59 AM, Nick Khamis wrote:
> Hey Digmer,
>
> Most definitely. I've made some headway over the past month and a half, our
> project is using a pcmk+cman+corosync+ocfs2 stack, all nose bleed versions,
> and all built from source. We basically hit ALL the errors. Currently looking
> to integrate the fenced part of the equation using fence_xvm. Any input or
> heads up would be appreciated?
> Also, if I am not mistaken, I noticed that you lean towards the Cluster3 stack,
> any reason for staying away from pcmk+cman with corosync?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Nick from Toronto (And sometimes Montreal)

Hey, a fellow Torontonian. :)

I stick with what is officially supported by Red Hat, quite simply. I am
tracking Pacemaker's progress closely, and plan to start learning it
more earnestly before too long. At the moment though, there are two
major issues for me with Pacemaker;

* It's in technology preview in EL6 at the moment, so no z-stream  updates.
* The implementation of fencing (aka stonith) are not the way I need
them to be.

Pacemaker is awesome, and it will be the future, but at the moment,
cman+rgmanager is what is most stable, so that is where I work. :)

Also, for anything aiming at production, I *strongly* recommend staying
away from compiling your own apps. For learning/testing though, running
from the latest versions and then filing bugs against the code is always
appreciated. :)

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer at alteeve.com
Freenode handle:     digimer
Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
"omg my singularity battery is dead again.
stupid hawking radiation." - epitron