[Linux-cluster] Ext3/ext4 in a clustered environement

Kaloyan Kovachev kkovachev at varna.net
Mon Nov 7 10:13:52 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Fri, 4 Nov 2011 14:05:34 -0400, "Nicolas Ross"
<rossnick-lists at cybercat.ca> wrote:
> Hi !
>
> We are curently using RHEL 6.1 with GFS2 file systems on top of
> fiber-channel stoarage for our cluster. All fs' are in lv's, with clvmd.

As they are LV's, you may try to make a snapshot and then mount it with
lock_nolock - faster and won't interfere with other services. If you are
not mounting it on dedicated backup node where the fs is not mounted, you
may need to change the UUID and lock table to be able to mount the snapshot
on the same machine.