Re: [Linux-cluster] Ext3/ext4 in a clustered environement

[...]

=> It works pretty well for now, but when it comes to data update (via rsync) => and backup (also via rsync), the node doing the rsync crawls to a stop, all => 16 logical cores are used at 100% system, and it sometimes freezes the file
=> system for other services on other nodes.

Ouch!

So the question is what is using all this cpu time? Is this being used
by rsync, or by some of the gfs2/dlm system daemons or even by some
other threads?

It is used by gfs2/dlm, or some other process, and 100% system cpu, not user cpu. At that time, my rsync process is stalled, if I try to ctrl-z it, it's no joy, only when cpu cools down that my ctrl-z works.

Previously it was suggested I use nice and mostly ionice, it did help alot, but I still see good spikes in cpu, but now my servers still responds...