Re: [Linux-cluster] Ext3/ext4 in a clustered environement

On Wed, 9 Nov 2011 09:42:17 -0500, "Nicolas Ross"
<rossnick-lists cybercat ca> wrote:
It will help to avoid expensive DLM locking if yoo mount the snapshot
with
local locking.

Sorry, you lost me, isn't dlm locking for gfs ?

From your first email:
"We are curently using RHEL 6.1 with GFS2 file systems on top of fiber-channel stoarage for our cluster. All fs' are in lv's, with clvmd."
and
"So, I'm thinking of putting each of thos directories into a single ext4"

So, i thought its GFS2 and switching to ext4 is not done yet ... but i
guess i misunderstood that

No, it's not done yet, but I tought that gfs snapshot were not supported ?