[Linux-cluster] Ext3/ext4 in a clustered environement

Kaloyan Kovachev kkovachev at varna.net
Wed Nov 9 15:44:17 UTC 2011

On Wed, 9 Nov 2011 10:19:13 -0500, "Nicolas Ross"
<rossnick-lists at cybercat.ca> wrote:

>>> Sorry, you lost me, isn't dlm locking for gfs ?
>>>

>>>From your first email:
>> "We are curently using RHEL 6.1 with GFS2 file systems on top of
>> fiber-channel stoarage for our cluster. All fs' are in lv's, with
clvmd."
>> and
>> "So, I'm thinking of putting each of thos directories into a single
ext4"

>> So, i thought its GFS2 and switching to ext4 is not done yet ... but i
>> guess i misunderstood that
>
> No, it's not done yet, but I tought that gfs snapshot were not supported
?

Well with clvm sort of ...

with non clustered lvm it doesn't matter what fs you are using and it is
possible to make a snapshot - it would also help mounting the snapshot of
an ext4 partition on different node too

with clvm you need to "activate the volume exclusively and then create the
snapshot", but not sure if you can later mount the snapshot on another node