Re: [Linux-cluster] DRAC5 fencing issue - unable to connect/login

Hi,

Try use ipmilan instead of Drac.

Stefan

Goutam Baul <goutam baul rp-sg in> wrote:

Dear List,

We are trying to configure a RHEL cluster using two Dell Servers (Power Edge
R610) with iDRAC 6. We intend to use the DRAC as the fencing device. We have
installed 32 bit RHEL 5.4 OS and the cluster packages.

When we are trying to test the fencing manually from one of the member
nodes, we are getting the following error :-

[root drmail2 ~]# fence_drac5 -a 10.50.4.22 -l root -p calvin -x -c
"admin1->" -o status
Unable to connect/login to fencing device

But we are able to login to the DRAC using ssh as shown below:-

[root drmail2 ~]# ssh 10.50.4.22
root 10 50 4 22's password:
/admin1->

But when we enable the telnet service in the iDRAC card then we are getting
the desired output.

[root drmail2 ~]# fence_drac5 -a 10.50.4.22 -l root -p calvin  -c
"admin1->" -o status

Any clue please?

With regards,

Goutam