[Linux-cluster] Bringing up new cluster to life...

Fabio M. Di Nitto fdinitto at redhat.com
Wed Nov 30 05:34:37 UTC 2011

Hi Nicolas,

On 11/29/2011 09:51 PM, Nicolas Ross wrote:

> Starting cluster:
>   Checking if cluster has been disabled at boot...        [  OK  ]
>   Checking Network Manager...                             [  OK  ]
>   Global setup...                                         [  OK  ]
>   Mounting configfs...                                    [  OK  ]
>   Starting cman...                                        [  OK  ]
>   Waiting for quorum... Timed-out waiting for cluster
>                                                           [FAILED]
>
> iptables is running, I tried it with iptables off, same results.
>
> So I wonder if anyone have a brilliant idea as to why I am not able to
> bring up this cluster...

Did you check if multicast is enabled on the network switch and working
properly? That's generally the first thing people forget to look.

A simple test would be to switch to udpu transport (TechPreview in
rhel6.1) and see if that solves the issue, effectively isolating the
problem to multicast on the switch.

It might be useful if you can enable debugging and collect
/var/log/cluster/corosync.log from all 3 nodes.

Fabio

PS It's easy to test with iptables off. and check logs for possible avc
denials (selinux) just in case we missed something during out tests.