[Linux-cluster] Killing node XXX because it has rejoined thecluster with existing state

BONNETOT Jean-Daniel (EXT THALES) ext.thales.jean-daniel.bonnetot at sncf.fr
Tue Oct 4 12:47:23 UTC 2011

Hi,

No, no answer. It's the good time to ask one more time ;)

this is my last email :
I have problem with two node cluster. When I force a node to faile, second node fences first one. When first one rejoin my cluster, cman shutdown on both nodes saying :

Sep 28 17:29:36 s64lmwbig3c openais[7273]: [MAIN ] Killing node s64lmwbig3b because it has rejoined the cluster with existing state
Sep 28 17:29:36 s64lmwbig3c openais[7273]: [CMAN ] cman killed by node 1 because we rejoined the cluster without a full restart

Logs :
See attached

Conf :
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<cluster config_version="12" name="u64lmwbig8r">
        <cman expected_votes="1" two_node="1">
                <multicast addr="239.192.0.11"/>
        </cman>
        <clusternodes>
                <clusternode name="s64lmwbig3b" nodeid="1" votes="1">
                        <fence>
                                <method name="single">
                                        <device name="fenceHP_g3b"/>
                                </method>
                        </fence>
                </clusternode>
                <clusternode name="s64lmwbig3c" nodeid="2" votes="1">
                        <fence>
                                <method name="single">
                                        <device name="fenceHP_g3c"/>
                                </method>
                        </fence>
                </clusternode>
        </clusternodes>
        <fencedevices>
                <fencedevice agent="fence_ipmilan" ipaddr="XXXXX" lanplus="1" login="user" name="fenceHP_g3b" passwd="password" verbose="yes"/>
                <fencedevice agent="fence_ipmilan" ipaddr="XXXXX" lanplus="1" login="user" name="fenceHP_g3c" passwd="password" verbose="yes"/>
        </fencedevices>
        <rm>
                <failoverdomains/>
                <resources/>
        </rm>
        <fence_daemon clean_start="0" post_fail_delay="20" post_join_delay="60"/>
</cluster>

Do you know what I missed ?

Thanks
Regards,