[Linux-cluster] Fencing agent for cisco nexus 5k

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Tue Oct 4 14:00:08 UTC 2011

On 10/04/2011 09:45 AM, Mark Hlawatschek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are currently building up a Cisco Nexus FCoE infrastructure together with Red Hat Clusters.
>
> I'd like to use the Nexus 5ks for I/O fencing operations and I'm looking for a fencing agent to be used together with the Nexus 5k.
> The basic idea would be to disable the network ports of the cluster node inside the Nexus that is supposed to be fenced.
>
> Any pointers or ideas?
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Mark

I don't have experience with that switch/equipment. However, writing a
fabric-type fence agent should be pretty straight forward. I assume the
device has telnet or ssh access?

Install the fence-agents package and then look for the 'fence_*' files.
They will make for great examples to base a new agent on. The actual API
is defined here;

https://fedorahosted.org/cluster/wiki/FenceAgentAPI

The main task is to ensure disconnection of the node. So after calling
the switch, be sure to confirm that the port is logically disconnected
before returning a success to the fenced caller.

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer at alteeve.com
Freenode handle:     digimer
Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
"At what point did we forget that the Space Shuttle was, essentially,
a program that strapped human beings to an explosion and tried to stab
through the sky with fire and math?"