Re: [Linux-cluster] replacing HBA

Hmmm. The UUID of the physical volume should be written to disk (sdj) or partition (sdj1) depending on your design.
kpartx should not care about the data on the disk (ie your UUID) when it makes the mpathXpY entries.

Hopefully what will happen will be
- install your hba and zone the SAN as necessary
- enable multipathd and restart. This should create the mpathX entries. multipath -ll will list the paths and disks
- run kpartx -a to add needed mpathXpY entries. I do not know if this runs on startup.
- reboot and see if you can mount the LVM.

If all goes right, pvdisplay should display the multipath devices of your PVs.

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 5:11 PM, Paras pradhan <pradhanparas gmail com> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 4:30 PM, Keith Schincke
<keith schincke gmail com> wrote:
> How many paths doe you currently have to your disk?
> Does your LVM use the multipath name (mpath0)?

Right now only one path with no multipath configured so LVM is not
using mpath0. Ideas?

Thanks!
Paras.