[Linux-cluster] New Corosync Mailing list - Please register for it!

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Tue Sep 20 18:13:45 UTC 2011

Hi,

Over the past several years, we have been sharing a mailing list with
the openais project.  I have made a new mailing list specifically for
corosync:  This will be the permanent new list for corosync.

Please register at:

The list is called "discuss"

Q Why are we making this change now?

A Several weeks ago Linux Foundation was hacked into (see
http://www.linuxfoundation.org).  They hosted our mailing list service.
 During this event, the mailing list has been unusable.  The Linux
Foundation staff is busy rebuilding their network, but in the interim
this seems like a good opportunity to move everything to our core
infrastructure at corosync.org.

Q What about the archives?

A I hope to restore the archives once I can get the records from Linux
Foundation.  There is no guarantee I can get a restored copy of the
archive however.  Fortunately several services over the years have
archived our mailing list.

Q What about my registration on the openais mailing list?

A I don't have the records to transfer the registrations to the corosync
list, so you will have to sign up for the mailing list again.

Q Is my password that I used to register on the openais mailing list
compromised?

A I do not know what extent the systems were hacked, but I'd recommend
treating the password as compromised.  If you shared this password with
other services, please change it.  Mailman stores passwords in plaintext
so that it can mail them to you once a month.  Always use unique
passwords on mailman mailing lists.

Regards
-steve