Re: [Linux-cluster] How to run same service in parallel in RedHat Cluster 5.0

Title: Re: [Linux-cluster] How to run same service in parallel in RedHat Cluster 5.0
Thanks for this.
I have still a long way to learn :)

On 28-Sep-2011 1:05 PM, "Digimer" <linux alteeve com> wrote:

On 09/28/2011 10:02 AM, Ruben Sajnovetzky wrote:

> We crossed e-mails :)
> I sent the new-fresh configuration.
> I thought about fencing, the problem is that we have a very "odd"
> configuration because I don't really need fence anything ... Maybe I
> can establish kind of rule like "If Central is not working, Collector cant
> work" or similar, will think on it.
>
> The IP will not be migrated, we have a requirement to have Virtual IP for
> the Central (only), that is why it is configured.
>
> Regarding FS (other member asked why GFS), I don't see the advantage
> because, again, we are not "sharing" the storage.
>
> Thanks

The cluster stack requires fencing. Please read this;

https://alteeve.com/w/Red_Hat_Cluster_Service_2_Tutorial#Concept.3B_Fencing

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer alteeve com