[Linux-cluster] Creating two different cluster using same set of nodes.

Zama Ques queszama at yahoo.in
Wed Aug 1 14:54:49 UTC 2012

Thanks Digimer for clarifying....

I am trying to create the following setup or rather will say I have been asked to do so .

=====
Cluster Name: ClusterA

Node1: system1.example.com   Priority:1 in Failover Domain
Node2: system2.example.com   Priority:2  in Failover Domain

File System Resource : /data1 - An ext3 file system

=====

Cluster Name : ClusterB

Node1: system1.example.com   Priority:2  in Failover Domain
Node2: system2.example.com   Priority:1  in Failover Domain

File System Resource : /data2 - An ext3 file system

What
 I will achieve with this scenario , is that both the nodes will always
be in active mode as one node is having  higher priority in Failover
Domain  in one cluster and the other node has higher priority in the
other  cluster as shown above. This means that  both the file system
resource will always be available in either of the nodes.  And  if  a
node goes down  ' suppose system1.example.com ' which is active in 'ClusterA' , cluster ,  the file system resource   /data1 on the cluster will be
mounted on system2.example.com which is already having /data2  mounted
on  'ClusterB'

So , based on the above architecture , we are achieving the following
1) Both the mount points will be always available and
2) Both the nodes will be utilized as both the nodes will be in active mode  in either of the cluster  .

Will be great if you have some inputs to achieve the same .

Thanks
Zaman