Re: [Linux-cluster] Update a Cluster from RHEL/CentOS 6.2 to 6.3

Am 02.08.2012 08:52, schrieb Ralf Aumueller:
Hello,

we have a 2-node Cluster which is still running on CentOS 6.2. I would like to
make an update to 6.3. Planed procedure:

- migrate services from node 1 to node 2
- stop cluster on node 1
- update + reboot node 1
- migrate services from node 2 to node 1
- stop cluster on node 2
- update + reboot node 2
- (migrate services back to node 1)

Is the procedure OK?
Did somebody already made an update to 6.3? Any problems found?

Thanx and best regards,
Ralf

If that is a real production system and not just for playing you should setup a test environment before and also create a plan which usecases should run with the new cluster.

For my part I am often using a virtual environment for that (e.g. VirtualBox).

Kind regards,

    Heiko