Re: [Linux-cluster] fencing issue in 2 nodes cluster

That should like it's fine then.

As a general rule though, I recommend roughly a 2:1 test:implement ratio. So if it takes you a week to setup your cluster, take two weeks to think of and test every failure you can think of. It's amazing how many corner cases you find this way (and much of the two weeks will actually be improving your design).

digimer

On 08/03/2012 04:13 AM, AKIN ÿffffffffffd6ZTOPUZ wrote:
dont take any error
and yes removed the method from command  (default is onoff)
exact  line is at below:
<fencedevice agent="fence_ipmilan" ipaddr="192.168.11.68" lanplus="1"
login="clsfenceadmin"  name="fence_node1" passwd="clsfenceadmin"
power_wait="4" verbose="true"/>
and I tested fencing using manually (making a kernel crash:Digimer
note)   and   command with fence_node node1 .
İt worked and services is relocated properly
thanks

*From:* Heiko Nardmann <heiko nardmann itechnical de>
*To:* linux-cluster redhat com
*Sent:* Friday, August 3, 2012 10:40 AM
*Subject:* Re: [Linux-cluster] fencing issue in 2 nodes cluster

Am 03.08.2012 09:12, schrieb AKIN ÿffffffffffd6ZTOPUZ:
Hi
thanks all repilies
 I added verbose parameter into fence agent line in cluster.conf
according to  Heiko (verbose="true",method="onoff")
and I read the web link sent by Digimer .I tested fencing using
  "echo c > /proc/sysrq-trigger" on  node1.
after that I saw fencing occured and related services    moved to
other node properly.
in this case    can we say , fencing is ok ?    or also should I  use
fence_node command   on node   for being sure?

No errors anymore? Did you reduce the number of parameters as Digimer
suggested? Then it would be maybe interesting for others to see your
working fence configuration as configured inside cluster.conf.

I would suggest to test a little bit too much than doing not enough
testing ... ;-) ... debugging afterwards is more costly than doing
testing before ...

So my recommendation would be to test that manually started fencing,
too, to see whether any messages/errors appear.

After that you are probably fine ...

Kind regards,

     Heiko