[Linux-cluster] GFS2 volumes hanging on 1 of 3 cluster nodes

lists at verwilst.be lists at verwilst.be
Wed Aug 15 20:16:06 UTC 2012

Hi Heiko,

I'm using Dell R310's for this setup, which indeed have broadcom NIC's.
I've emailed Dell Prosupport for the location to the latest firmwares (
that site is a mess :( ). In the meantime, could you tell me how you
figured out that the NIC's were to blame? What symptoms did you see?
Something else i can check to see if it's indeed the same issue?

I reformatted the gfs2 filesystems with default 128M journals, just in
case that helped. I can now see all gfs2 mounts on all 3 servers. I went
on to start clvmd on every node, 2 nodes went fine, 3rd node gave a
timeout. All lvm based commands on that server now hang, on the others
those commands work fine.. *sigh*.

Kind regards,

Bart