I think i am almost there. I have started using RHEL6 hoping it would not give me any night-mare this time to setup a 2 Node Cluster for a Apache cluster service. and i think i have done pretty much everything.
1. Two nodes having private IP's eth0 configured with 192.168.18.10 and 192.168.18.11
2. Nodes are named as node1.localdomain, node2.localdomain, /etc/hosts taken care
3. I created the cluster, added two nodes, added the service WEB ( added the child :IP and :apache to it)
4. Cluster is in quorum and detects other node going offline fantastically
5. Tested the start/stop of this resource WEB using "rg_test" , it worked just fine on both the nodes.
6. But, for some reasons, its not starting or failing over to other node when i manually test(using clusvcadm -e WEB) or do a reboot or whatever.
7. Please let me know how do i verify the cluster startup and failover manually to make sure everything works
8. What is it i am missing that makes this not work now ? Please assist.
Please go through the output of all the commands attached herewith.
Let me know if there is still required.
Linux-cluster mailing list
Linux-cluster redhat com