[Linux-cluster] RHCS evaluation

Hello Experts,

i am doing evaluation for redhat cluster in our environment, i am struggling with Installation of packages on RHEL 5.6, Can anyone suggest me what packages are required for RHEL 5.6 and any good document about cluster to start with ?

i am bit confuse with fencing,, is that fencing is mandatory in redhat cluster ?

Is this cluster is as reliable as VCS and any i/o or other comparison matrix available to check the product performance ?

Regards, Dha