[Linux-cluster] Problems with relocation of apache and fence_vmware

PARAM KRISH mkparam at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 15:28:17 UTC 2012

Never mind. I am good now. I have figured out the syntax for fence_vmware
and it works beautifully now.

Here it is, just in case someone breaks his head to get this done in future
..

        <clusternodes>
                <clusternode name="node1.localdomain" nodeid="1" votes="1">
                        <fence>
                                <method name="fence_vmware">
                                        <device name="vmware"
port="node1.localdomain"/>
                                </method>
                        </fence>
                </clusternode>
                <clusternode name="node2.localdomain" nodeid="2" votes="1">
                        <fence>
                                <method name="fence_vmware">
                                        <device name="vmware"
port="node2.localdomain"/>
                                </method>
                        </fence>
                </clusternode>
..
        <fencedevices>
                <fencedevice agent="fence_vmware" ipaddr="a.b.c.d"
login="xxx" name="vmware" passwd="xxx"/>
        </fencedevices>

I will be doing some series of fail-over scenarios ( node and service
failures have worked very well so far) and will get back with the results
if there are any concerns. Thanks for helping me thus far. I really
appreciate.

Param