[Linux-cluster] Netapp snapdrive connect doesn't like clustered volumes

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 12:13:59 UTC 2012

On Mon, 10 Dec 2012 21:02:19 +1100 Yu wrote:
> vgchange -cn vgname
> Can disable cluster flag
> Regards
> Yu

Ok, thanks, I thought about this option too and it seems it works.
More testing in place.
In this cluster I have many services and each one is bundled with its
own VGs, so that each node is active for that particular service.
To use CLVMD is comfortable when I need to add LUNs or resize pre-existing ones.
I had a doubt if running "vgchange -cn" when both nodes are online
could cause any problem so I was not sure...
What does it happen with node 2 when I run this command on node 1?
"SImply" that node cannot online the VG any more or worse it can
online it without safety and cause data corruption?
What the best behaviour to avoid data corruption for the few seconds I
need to make a snapshot of a not-clustered VG?

Gianluca