[Linux-cluster] Moving Physical extents from one PV to another in a clustered environement.

Nicolas Ross rossnick-lists at cybercat.ca
Wed Dec 12 18:10:39 UTC 2012

Short question : How do I do it ?

Longer explainaition : We got a VG with 5 PV located on a Fiber channel
raid enclosure that is used to host GFS partiions among other things. I
would like to move the extent for on LV from on PV to another within the
same VG.

When trying to do pvmove -n LVName oldPV newPV, I get :

Cannot move in clustered VG VGa, clustered mirror (cmirror) not detected
and LVs are activated non-exclusively.

(VGa is my VG).

So, I suppose I need to activate exclusively the LV to do so ? Is it
safe to do it with clvmd ?