[Linux-cluster] CCSD ipv6 bind failures

Fabio M. Di Nitto fdinitto at redhat.com
Thu Dec 20 07:29:23 UTC 2012

On 12/18/2012 1:33 PM, Ashish G wrote:
> hi Fabio,
>             Thanks for your replies.
>
>> "Unable to bind to backend ipv6 socket, but inet_ntop returned NULL
>> pointer: Address already in use"
> This issue is not seen always. We see this problem when our application
> is run for the first time after it is installed. cman start fails as a
> result of these logs since ccsd fails and it keeps retrying. Rebooting
> the node helped us get rid of the logs.
> Its possible that ipv6 module did not load when binding was attempted.
> But if you look at the log, it says binding failed for "backend" port
> (50007). Under normal running of system, netstat does not list this port
> number against ccsd. Instead frontend (50006) and cluster_base_port
> (50008) are listed. Any idea why backend port binding is attempted and
> that too only when our application is freshly installed and run?

No, I don´t know. It´s possible that something is using port 50007 for
other reasons and clearly the bind fails. Or maybe an interface is not up.

Hard to say without sosreports from a bad and a good boot.

If you are a RH customer, please file a ticket with GSS so that we can
access the data required to perform debugging.

Fabio