Re: [Linux-cluster] corosync issue with two interface directives

I think the ringnumber must be diferent for every network

2012/2/5 Ben Shepherd <bshepherd voxeo com>
Currently have a 2 node cluster. We configured HA on 1 network to take inbound traffic with multicast in corosync  and 1 VIP.

This works fine (most of the time sometimes if you take the cable out both interfaces end up with the VIP but that is another story)
Customer now has another network on which they want to take traffic. I have assigned the VIP on

node lxnivrr45.at.inside
node lxnivrr46.at.inside
primitive failover-ip1 ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr
params ip=" 10.251.96.185"
op monitor interval="10s"
 primitive failover-ip2 ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr
params ip="10.2.150.201"
op monitor interval="10s"
colocation failover-ips inf: failover-ip1 failover-ip2
property $id="cib-bootstrap-options"
dc-version="1.1.5-5.el6-01e86afaaa6d4a8c4836f68df80ababd6ca3902f"
cluster-infrastructure="openais"
expected-quorum-votes="2"
no-quorum-policy="ignore"
stonith-enabled="false"
rsc_defaults $id="rsc-options"
resource-stickiness="100"

Current Corosync configuration is:

# Please read the corosync.conf.5 manual page
compatibility: whitetank

totem {
version: 2
secauth: on
threads: 0
interface {
ringnumber: 0
bindnetaddr: 10.251.96.160
#broadcast: yes
mcastaddr: 239.254.6.8
                mcastport: 5405
ttl: 1
}
}

logging {
fileline: off
to_stderr: no
to_logfile: yes
to_syslog: yes
logfile: /var/log/cluster/corosync.log
debug: off
timestamp: on
logger_subsys {
subsys: AMF
debug: off
}
}

amf {
mode: disabled
}

I am a little confused about using. Should I add the Multicast address for the 2nd Network as ring 1 or can I have 2 Interfaces on ring 0 on different networks ?

Giving me:

# Please read the corosync.conf.5 manual page
compatibility: whitetank

totem {
version: 2
secauth: on
threads: 0
interface {
ringnumber: 0
bindnetaddr: 10.251.96.160
#broadcast: yes
mcastaddr: 239.254.6.8
                mcastport: 5405
ttl: 1
}
interface {
ringnumber: 0
bindnetaddr: 10.122.147.192
#broadcast: yes
mcastaddr: 239.254.6.9
                mcastport: 5405
ttl: 1
}
}

logging {
fileline: off
to_stderr: no
to_logfile: yes
to_syslog: yes
logfile: /var/log/cluster/corosync.log
debug: off
timestamp: on
logger_subsys {
subsys: AMF
debug: off
}
}

amf {
mode: disabled
}

Just need to make sure that if I lose either of the interfaces they VIP's fail over.