Re: [Linux-cluster] corosync issue with two interface directives

Hi,

OK so how does that affect the fail over. Each f the networks is important if we lose ring 0 or ring 1 we need to fail over.

If I have the config stated below:
# Please read the corosync.conf.5 manual page
compatibility: whitetank

totem {
version: 2
secauth: on
threads: 0
interface {
ringnumber: 0
bindnetaddr: 10.251.96.160
#broadcast: yes
mcastaddr: 239.254.6.8
                mcastport: 5405
ttl: 1
}
interface {
ringnumber: 1
bindnetaddr: 10.122.147.192
#broadcast: yes
mcastaddr: 239.254.6.9
                mcastport: 5405
ttl: 1
}
}

logging {
fileline: off
to_stderr: no
to_logfile: yes
to_syslog: yes
logfile: /var/log/cluster/corosync.log
debug: off
timestamp: on
logger_subsys {
subsys: AMF
debug: off
}
}

amf {
mode: disabled
}

And I pull out the cable for the interface on ring 1 will it fail over ? Or will it use ring 1 only if ring 0 fails.

I read the documentation but it is less than clear :-)

I would just do it and pull the cable out but sadly it requires me to fly to Vienna to do it seems a little extravagant.