Re: [Linux-cluster] Converting from dlm to lock_nolock?

On Thu, 09 Feb 2012 15:52:57 +0000, Alan Brown <ajb2 mssl ucl ac uk>
wrote:
> On 09/02/12 15:14, Ray Van Dolson wrote:
>
>> I'm exploring some options for speeding that up -- the main one being
>> dropping my cluster to only one node.  Is this doable for a file system
>> that was greated with the dlm lock manager instead of lock_nolock?
>
> Yes. You can force the use of lock_nolock in the mount command.

You may also take a snapshot of the volume (if using LVM or your storage
supports it) and mount the snapshot with lock_nolock. This will reduce the
downtime to only taking the snapshot