Re: [Linux-cluster] CMAN across different datacenters

Hi,

I upgraded to Corosync 1.4.2 and cman 6.2.0, but when I add this to my cluster.conf :

<cman expected_votes="1" two_node="1" transport="udpu"/>

I get (when starting cman) :

   Starting cman... Relax-NG validity error : Extra element cman in interleave
tempfile:20: element cman: Relax-NG validity error : Element cluster failed to validate content
Configuration fails to validate

Any idea why?

Thanks,

- Mike
akaris gmail com

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 7:32 PM, Andreas Kurz <andreas hastexo com> wrote:
Hello,

On 12/30/2011 10:16 PM, Michel Nadeau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We're trying to configure a CMAN cluster with 2 nodes located in 2
> different datacenters.

only one of various problems of split-site cluster: how do you plan to
implement reliable fencing?

> The 2 nodes are running Debian 6 and they can access each other on the
> private LAN (using the eth0 interface).
>
> The problem is that the 2 nodes don't have the same subnet and the
> multicast doesn't seem to work: is there any way to make this work?

since 1.3.0 corosync supports unicasts (UDPU) ... it ships with a nice
example configuration.

Regards,
Andreas

--