[Linux-cluster] CMAN across different datacenters

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Mon Jan 2 04:33:20 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 11:20 AM, Fabio M. Di Nitto <fdinitto at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 01/02/2012 12:24 AM, Székelyi Szabolcs wrote:

>> 3.0.12: 11-May-2010

>> 3.0.12.1: 27-May-2011
>> 3.1.2: 16-Jun-2011
>>
>> Wow, it looks like the cman guys have a strange idea on versioning... The size
>> of changelogs is also very interesting.
>
> What strange idea? The 3.0.12.x is based on the RHEL6 branch (what you
> ge tin RHEL6.x) and the 3.1.x serie is from STABLE31 branch from upstream.
>
> 3.0.12.x is a more strict bug fix only series. 3.1 gets a bit more.
>
> Mind to explain what's strange about it?

I think Székelyi is refering to the size of 3.0.12.1 changelog and the
things that went in it. If it's a "strict bug fix only series", then
e.g. arguably these changes shouldn't be there, cause they're new
features:

      cman init: add support for "nocluster" kernel cmdline to not
start cman at boot
      Cman: Add support for udpu and rdma transport
      resource-agents: Add NFSv4 support

--
Fajar