[Linux-cluster] LVM not available on 2/6 clustered volumes on reboot

All of my nodes have experienced this issue but I can't determine root cause.  After reboot, 2/6 of my volumes are set to NOT available.  I either have to do a vgscan or vgchange -ay on the volume group to then set the LV to available.

Doing an lvchange -ay before doing the vgchange or vgscan results in this error:
Jan 14 10:14:25 omadvnfs01c kernel: device-mapper: table: 253:45: linear: dm-linear: Device lookup failed
Jan 14 10:14:25 omadvnfs01c kernel: device-mapper: ioctl: error adding target to table

I am sure I can hack in a vgchange or something but clvmd does a vgscan I believe during the startup process not sure this workaround would even help.  I just need to be pointed down a path to try to determine root cause here.

Thanks!