[Linux-cluster] LVM not available on 2/6 clustered volumes on reboot

Terry td3201 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 16:27:35 UTC 2012

All of my nodes have experienced this issue but I can't determine root
cause.  After reboot, 2/6 of my volumes are set to NOT available.  I either
have to do a vgscan or vgchange -ay on the volume group to then set the LV
to available.

Doing an lvchange -ay before doing the vgchange or vgscan results in this
error:
Jan 14 10:14:25 omadvnfs01c kernel: device-mapper: table: 253:45: linear:
dm-linear: Device lookup failed
Jan 14 10:14:25 omadvnfs01c kernel: device-mapper: ioctl: error adding
target to table

I am sure I can hack in a vgchange or something but clvmd does a vgscan I
believe during the startup process not sure this workaround would even
help.  I just need to be pointed down a path to try to determine root cause
here.

Thanks!